Battle For Wesnoth 1.13.6 released last month, is the sixth development release in the 1.13.x series and it delivers a number of improvements, most notably to the UI, and bug fixes.
The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures.
Battle For Wesnoth 1.13.6 Changelog
- Improved or new terrain graphics:
- A new wooden floor variation and transitions.
- Also added is new aquatic encampment.
- New aquatic castles also added.
- Reworked stone walls so they take up less space and improved transitions.
- Added Wooden and Rusty Gates
- Furthermore, the Castle and Wall Terrains conections improved. This now allows castles and keeps to be placed adjacent to walls without glitches in most cases.
- New sprite for Tentacle of the Deep also added.
- Furthermore, colors for all time schedules tweaked.
- Added new high_xp_attack candidate action to default AI. This CA performs attacks on enemy units so close to leveling that the default AI's combat CA would not attack them.
- Also added is a new Micro AI: Assassin Squad AI
- Fix bug #23720, AI units with max_moves=0 do not attack.
- Fix bug #22179: [disable] weapon special is ignored by AI. Fixed is a second instance of the AI ignoring the special weapon under different circumstances
- The Experimental AI recruiting sometimes failing under shroud was also fixed
- Fix some mainline campaigns custom AIs not working due to syntax changes after the AI refactoring for Wesnoth 1.13.5
- Also improved is the move times for AI sides significantly with many guardians
- Micro AIs, other Lua AIs and ai_helper.lua utility functions:
- Correctly and consistently deal with invisible units
- New ai_helper functions get_attackable_enemies, get_visible_units, is_attackable_enemy, is_incomplete_move, is_incomplete_or_empty_move, is_visible_unit and robust_move_and_attack
- Renamed function ai_helper.to_triple to LS_to_triples for consistency with other functions
- Some internal changes to fix rarely occurring bugs and to improve robustness and speed
See changelog for full list
The source code and the Windows installer package are already available on the downloads page.
Install Battle For Wesnoth 1.13.6 Development Release on Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty
--------- Add the Repository --------- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pkg-games/wesnoth-devel --------- Update Repository --------- sudo apt-get update --------- Install Package --------- sudo apt-get install wesnoth-1.13
In order to learn How To Play the game see see: Tutorial on Battle for Wesnoth